Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Final Frontier

Teachers have technology all around them and in this article it explains how they really don't have any excuse not to use it. Teachers have all kinds of technology at their fingertips but for some reason many teachers choose not to use it. Most teachers use some sort of technology some way or another but they alot of them don't know how to apply it to their classroom. The article talks somewhat about how the teachers should be more creative in using technology because it could really help with the learning process.

The article also talks about other reasons why the teachers don't use technology. It states that some teachers believe that using technology doesn't make teaching easier and some even think it makes it harder. Therefore if they believe that it won't help then they're not going to give very much effort to use it. Some teachers just don't know how to really use the technology they have to its full capabilities. That is why teachers need to take classes to help them learn how to use technology to their benefit.

In my opinion teachers should use technology more in the classroom. I believe that it helps teachers do their job better and it helps students learn more efficiently. Although this is my opinion it may not be everyone's. That's exactly how it works in school districts. Not every teacher has the same opinion therefore they canuse technology however much they want.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! My name is Caitlin. I am in this same class but at BC3 and participating in the Edinboro cohort there. As a part of my assignment, I had to choose three blogs and comment on their Final Frontier Post. I clicked three random blogs and BOOM! I stumbled upon yours. It's really funny that you graduated from New Brighton, because I graduated from Lincoln Park in Midland. I am familiar with Beaver County and a lot of my friends live there. I don't know if you know Lauren Mittner or not, she's awesome! My good friend took her to prom last year...anyways! what I came here to do... I love your powerpoint! The opening was very creative, and I like that you give statistics with the charts. It puts the facts right out in the open. Keep up the good work, and I hope to see more from you on here this semester :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The statistics in the beginning were really helpful. Statistics really push ideas and give validation to ideas.

    ReplyDelete